For whom ? Intended to complete the knowledge acquired during the Foundation Level and to prepare the candidates to more complex features in the sensory analysis.
Minimal time for the course : 12 hours
Written test : On line
Practical test : 65 minutes
Prior recommendations :
Before the Intermediate Level theoretical course, it is recommended to follow these modules :
1. Introduction to Coffee
2. Green Coffee – Foundation Level and Intermediate Level
Contents of the course :
Theoretical principles :
- How we taste, perceive and interpret.
- Role played by the sensory analysis.
- Quality check
- Product development
Physiology and sensory attributes :
- Taste and texture in the coffee field.
- Intensity of the solutions.
- Positive and negative attributes.
- Psychological factors.
Triangle test :
- Statistical analysis.
- Alternative methods.
Cupping processes used :
- Why do we need a cupping protocol?
- Communicate the results.
- Key terminology.
- SCA cupping form.
How to integrate the sensory analysis and its applications in your activity :
- Equipment, maintenance and staff.
- Implementation of the sensory panel.
- Discriminating test vs descriptive test.
- Tasters calibration.